With the QlikView JDBC Connector, we provide QlikView users the opportunity to connect JDBC data sources (eg databases available without ODBC / OLEDB drivers such as Apache Derby / Java DB; big data environments) directly within QlikView. A direct database connection may prevented a complex exchange and integration of external files.
Furthermore, properties of the JDBC driver are configurable in the connection URL. Especially for installations of QlikView Version 9, a significant reduce of loading time can be achieved with the appropriate use and configuration of the JDBC driver instead of ODBC / OLEDB.
An additional functionality of the QlikView JDBC Connector is the improved support for writing back informations into connected databases. Within the QlikView script the execution of DML statements (eg insert / update / delete) returns a result set with the number of changed rows. Hereby it is now possible, for example, to integrate QlikView into workflow processes with a write-back of status information.
The QlikView JDBC Connector supports QlikView Direct Discovery coming with QlikView Version 11.2 (dependent on data sources SQL capability and JDBC driver implementation).
Possible QlikView data sources:
- Amazon Redshift
- Apache Cassandra CQL
- Apache Derpy / Java DB, H2
- Apache HBase (via Phonix)
- BMC Remedy ITSM
- Cloudera Impala
- COBOL Dateien (via HXTT Cobol)
- encrypted CSV Dateien (via CsvJdbc)
- FoxPro / DBF (via HXTT DBF)
- Google Cloud SQL
- Hadoop HDFS, Hive und Hive2
(Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Amazon EMR)
- HP Vertica
- Hybris Virtual JDBC
- Kx Systems Kdb+ (supports Q programming language)
- Microsoft Windows SQL Azure
- MongoDB (via UnityJDBC)
- Neo4j Graph Database (supports Cypher graph query language)
- OrientDB document graph NoSQL dbms
- Pentaho kettle Transformation Steps (via Carte Service)
- SAP HANA DB
- SAP R/3 ERB/BW (via SAP JCo)
- SAP S4/HANA ERP/BW
- SAS Daten über Integrated Object Model (IOM)
Custom and optimized JDBC drivers
We develop custom and optimized JDBC drivers for several use cases (such as HDFS, FasterHive or Beeswax JDBC driver) based on its own JDBC Toolbox. Learn more about this on our GitHub Account.
As implementation partner of Qlik we have gathered many years of experience in the integration and development of Mashups, Extensions and Node.js services for QlikView.