The Qlik Hackathon 2017 focused on the development of insights and tools for the UN to support their peacekeeping work in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The team of TIQ Solutions developed an application in cooperation with Akquinet to visualize and predict complex relationships between actors in the Republic of Congo.
The tools developed included:
- Dashboards to visualize and explore the relationship and dependence of the main conflict dimensions.
- Graph analysis to explore the relationships between actors (alliances) during events in the Democratic Republic of Congo and neighbouring countries and how these evolve over time.
- Conflict prediction system for predicting events
Development of an application for visualization and prediction of complex relationships of actors
- Dashboard of dependencies of actors and events
- Graph analyses of the relationships of actors in relation to events over time
- Forecasting system for prediction of events
- Dashboard to visualize and explore the relation and dependency of the main conflict dimensions
- Graph Analysis to explore relations between actors (alliances) during events in DRC and neighboring countries and how these evolve over time.
- Prediction of Conflicts to predicting the number of fatalities